July 01, 2008

Schemaitcs - Pt.1


Hey :-) How are you all?
Well today I have a small update. I have hand drawn the clock pulse circuit that gives 1Hz. Eventually, I will be drawing the rest of it too, just don't ask me to have it done by tomorrow ;-) It will be added - slowly.

Enjoy the diagram.

This is for a 'solderless' board, where the x's is the centre of the board. It was done on the smallest one, as you would have seen in the video. At the bottom are the two power strips for ground and +5v. Alternately, I hope it is clear enough to remember that the power strip is NOT physically connected, and that if you DO use this layout, it is NOT optimised and you will need to break the circuit along the whole length at the bottom between the ground and live. I did NOT draw it with a pencil, so I can not re-do. It is very easy to do wiring for the power ;-) Easiest is the earth that can be done on the top side and the +5 on the bottom :-P hehe. You will only need on ground wire pin 12.

As for the values, those are what worked for me, since the crystal I have is picky, it did NOT work with a variable cap, so I tried various combinations of what I had at hand. The crystal is a 32768Hz watch style, very small cylindrical with short thin leads.

In case you are wondering what the 1 of 1 is, it is due to the printing of the image through a browser.

The I.C.'s are of the 4000 series. I used the numbers on the chips themselves.
The resistors are 1%, but not exact value according to the multimeter.
Enjoy and have a nice time.

No comments: